The Networked Wireless Systems (NeWS) laboratory at IIT Hyderabad engages in a wide range of experiemental and theoretical research in Wireless networks, Next-generation Internet, Cyber-Physical Systems, ICT for societal development. The proliferation and penetration of smart phones and IoT devices is expected to have profound impact on world economy. In order to support billions of wirelessly connected devices, and tackle exponentially increasing traffic demands and ever-increasing QoE and energy efficiency requirements of diverse services and applications being carried over communication network infrastructure, a heterogeneous converged network (HCN) architecture integrating heterogeneous radio access technologies including various generations of cellular (e.g., 4G/5G), Wi-Fi (e.g., IEEE 802.11n/ac), Bluetooth and ZigBee, and wireless core network technologies is required. We except that HCN contains ultra-dense deployment of network elements (e.g., base stations and access points) to boost network coverage and capacity. NeWS lab is carrying out R&D work on various research issues like novel (cloud) convergence architectures, seamless mobility, load-balancing, interference management, co-existence protocols, security, and optimal resource allocation to realize energy-efficient and spectrally-efficient HCNs. It is promising to design and develop HCNs on open-hardware platforms by exploiting recent advances in network functions virtualization (NFV), virtualization techniques of cloud computing and software-define networking (SDN) which direct flexible, dynamically configurable network elements to provide on-demand customized services to traffic demands which may be dynamic in time and space. We build testbeds and do prototyping to assess benefits of technology pilots in a real-world setting. Refer Reseach section to know more about on-going projects.
Ph.D. positions are available for motivated and committed candidates in the above mentioned research areas. Interested candidates can check here for the admissions procedure.
- Walk-in-interviews for posts of Web Designer & System Engineer
- Thomas Valerrian Pasca, Himank Gupta, and Sumanta Patro won the Best Academic Demo Award in COMSNETS 2018
- Thomas Valerrian Pasca and Sumanta Patro won the Second Best paper Award in IEEE ANTS 2017
- A White Paper on An Upstream Project for OPNFV
- OAI Tutorial @ IEEE ANTS 2016 by Dr.Bheemarjuna Reddy Tamma.
- Thomas Valerrian Pasca and Sumanta Patro won the best poster award on the CSE Day 2016
- A White Paper on Tight Coupling of LTE Wi-Fi Radio Access Networks
- LTE-Wi-Fi Interworking paper accepted in IEEE Globecom 2016
- [SEE ALL]